QEP Topic Selection Criteria
The Quality Enhancement Plan Theme Development Team met on Friday, April 7, 2017 and collectively identified the following criteria for the selection of the Quality Enhancement Topic.
- Is the topic in alignment with the university’s mission and informed by a cross-section of its values, goals and initiatives?
- Does the topic offer opportunity for growth that complements the strategic direction of the university?
- Does the topic reflect and embrace the broad, diverse interests, ideas, programs, and people that comprise Texas State University?
- Is the topic founded on documented need and research results – analyzing empirical data analysis and best practices?
- Will the topic positively impact student learning – strengthening academic rigor, elevating student self-expectations, and improving attainment of learning outcomes?
- Will the topic yield quantifiable changes in student learning and success?
- Is the topic practicable and are its results achievable – building on existing infrastructure to implement and sustain a manageable and successful framework?
- Will the topic lead to benefits that balance its costs?
- Does the topic lead to a plan that offers sufficient flexibility for adjustment based on unforeseen internal and/or external factors?
- Does the topic innovatively anticipate current and future trends based on data and research?
- Will the topic enhance students’ success as they progress through their Texas State experience and become citizens of Texas, the nation and the world?